Zone 7 IAFE Convention Day Pass Grant
Idaho, Montana, Alberta, Colorado, New Mexica, Utah and Wyoming
Rules and Guidelines
This grant is designed assist individuals from Zone 7 to attend the 2023 International Association of Fairs and Expositions Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah November 26 – November 29, 2023 for one day.
Through the support of the IAFE Zone 7 efforts, four grants will be awarded in 2023, providing up to $250 to the recipient to assist with IAFE Convention Day Pass registration, trip expenses including travel costs. Following their IAFE convention attendance, recipients will be asked to give a brief written report on their experience at the convention. A copy of the following paid items must be submitted to the IAFE Office after the Convention (by December 15) for reimbursement: hotel registration and travel arrangements.
Two (2) Grants to be awarded in 2023
Guidelines and Eligibility
- Must have never attended the IAFE Convention or have not attended in three or more years.
- Must be from a fair that is in Zone 7 (board member, staff members, or volunteer)
- Fair representing the nominee must be a current member of the International Association of Fairs and Expositions
- Grants are not transferable
- Funds received are for the 2023 IAFE Annual Convention. Any unused funds will return to the Zone for general use.
- * Registration and travel expense receipts will be submitted to the IAFE, after the event, for reimbursement. Expenses include lodging, air travel, vehicle rental, mileage for personal vehicles (at the federal reimbursement rate). Lodging and other rental(s) require the name of the grant recipients be identified on the manifest/rental agreement(s)
- Applications due by August 31. (See below)
- Provide a letter, from the organizations CEO. Board President, supporting applicants’ participation in the IAFE Annual Conference
- Applications will be “blind” when delivered to members of the grant selection committee and will be given “blind judging”
- Judging will be based on an individual score. Each judge will review each application, individually, and on its own merit, assigning a score to the individual application.
- Applicants will be “blind” when delivered to members of the grant selection committee and will be given “blind judging”.
- Judging will be based on an individual score. Each judge reviews each application individually and on its own merit, assigning a score to that individual application.
- Evidence of leadership & involvement – 2 points
- Service to community and fair – 2 points
- Outstanding character – 1 points
- Essay – 5 points