Zone 7 IAFE Convention Grant
Idaho, Montana, Alberta, Colorado, New Mexica, Utah and Wyoming
Rules and Guidelines
This grant is designed to enable individuals from Zone 7 to attend the 2023 International Association of Fairs and Expositions Convention in Salt Lake City, UT, November 26-29, 2023.
Through the support of the IAFE Zone 7 efforts, two grants will be awarded in 2023, providing up to $500 to the recipient to assist with trip expenses including hotel and travel costs. Convention registration will be paid for by the IAFE. Recipients will be asked to give a brief report on their experience of the convention (up to that point) at the Zone 7 meeting during the Convention. A copy of the following paid items must be submitted to the IAFE Office after the Convention (by December 15) for reimbursement: hotel registration and travel arrangements.
Two (2) Grants to be awarded in 2023
Guidelines and Eligibility
- Must have never attended the IAFE Convention or have not attended in three or more years.
- Must be from a fair that is in Zone 7 (board member, staff members, or volunteer)
- Fair representing the nominee must be a current member of the International Association of Fairs and Expositions
- Grants are not transferable
- Funds received are for the 2023 IAFE Annual Convention. Any unused funds will return to the Zone for general use.
- *Travel expense receipts will be submitted to the IAFE, after the event, for reimbursement. Expenses include lodging, air travel, vehicle rental, mileage for personal vehicles (at the federal reimbursement rate). Lodging and other rental(s) require the name of the grant recipients be identified on the manifest/rental agreement(s)
- Applications due by August 31. (See below)
- Provide a letter from the organization’s CEO. Board President, supporting applicant’s participation in the IAFE Annual Conference
- Applications will be “blind” when delivered to members of the grant selection committee and will be given “blind judging”.
- Judging will be based on an individual score. Each judge will review each application, individually, and on its own merit, assigning a score to the individual application.
- Evidence of leadership & involvement – 2 points
- Service to community and fair – 2 points
- Outstanding character – 1 points
- Essay – 5 points
This form is currently closed for submissions.