Zone 3 First Timers Convention Grant
Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, and that portion of Ontario less than 85 degrees longitude West of Greenwich.
These grants are designed to enable two individuals that have never attended the IAFE Annual Convention held November 26 – 29, 2023 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Two (2) grants, up to $600, will be awarded to assist the recipients with travel expenses including hotel and flights.* Conference registration will be paid for by the IAFE. Recipients will be asked to give a brief report on their experience of the conference (up to that point) at the Zone 3 meeting during Convention. To be reimbursed, a copy of the receipts for said travel expenses, must be submitted to the IAFE office, following the IAFE Annual Convention conference. (Hotel manifest and other travel related receipts)
Two (2) Grants to be awarded in 2023
Guidelines and Eligibility
- Must be associated with a Fair that is a current member of the International Association of Fairs and Expositions
- Must be from a fair that is located in Zone 3 (board member, staff member, or volunteer)
- Applicant has never attended the IAFE Convention
- Grants are not transferable
- Funds received are for the 2023 IAFE Annual Convention. Any unused funds will return to the Zone for general use.
- *Travel expense receipts will be submitted to the IAFE, after the event, for reimbursement. Expenses include lodging, air travel, vehicle rental, mileage for personal vehicles (at the federal reimbursement rate). Lodging and other rental(s) require the name of the grant recipients be identified on the manifest/rental agreement(s)
- Application deadline: August 31, 2023 (Applications submitted online, below)
- Applications will be “blind” when delivered to members of the grant selection committee and will be given “blind judging”
- Judging will be based on an individual score. Each judge will review each application, individually, and on its own merit, assigning a score to the individual application.
- Evidence of leadership & involvement – 3 points
- Service to community and fair – 3 points
- Outstanding character – 3 point
- Essay – 3 points
This grant is currently closed for submissions.