Zone 8 to IAFE Management Conference
Alaska, California, Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii, British Columbia, Oregon, and Washington
Rules and Guidelines
This grant is designed to enable an individual in the fair industry to attend the 2023 IAFE Management conference in St. Louis, MO., April 19-21, 2023. One (1) grant will be awarded, providing up to $500 towards the recipient’s expenses including hotel and travel costs.
- Must be associated with a Fair that is a current member of the International Association of Fairs and Expositions
- Must be from a fair that is in IAFE Zone 8 (board member, staff member or volunteer)
- Grant is not transferrable
- Funds received are for the 2023 IAFE Management Conference
- Any remaining funds will be returned to the IAFE Zone 8 for general use.
- Apply online – Applications due by March 3, 2023
- Applicants will be notified, via email, of the judge’s decision
- Applications will be judged using the “blind” judging system. Any identifying information will be redacted prior to the applications being delivered to the selection committee.
- Judging will be based on an individual score (Judge’s review each application individual and on its own merit, assigning a score to that individual application)
- Service to community and fair – 2 points
- Evidence of leadership and involvement – 2 points
- Financial Need – 1 point
- Essay – 5 points